Thursday 24 September 2015

Kiko makeup

Hello lovely ladies, so today I thought I would bring you a little bit of a review:).
I went on holiday to Portugal a few weeks ago and I noticed that Kiko store had a sale on so I picked up a few products. I do have to say that I never tried anything from this brand before so I was quite curious about their products.
 
 



First product that I picked up were these two eye shadows. The lighter one is in 219 and the darker one is in 234. I thought that these two eye shadows would be quite good to create a Smokey eye. I decided to apply the lighter shade all over the lid and the darker shade to the outer corner of the eye and in the socket and blend. I found really difficult to blend it, the eye shadows are quite powdery so you do need a lot of product to create a good Smokey eye. These eye shadows were on sale so I think that I bought them for 1.40 each. But I was actually quite disappointed with these eye shadows, I thought that the pigmentation would be a lot better and the quality.  





Next is the contour pencil kit. when is aw these I was really excited to try it. I thought it would be quite easy to use on a everyday basis and to carry around in your hand bag, I choose the lighter shade, as I am quite pale. so I stated by applying the contour shade to define a little bit my face, and I do have to say that when you apply the product and you start to blend the product just seems to disappear, I think I had to apply about three times to get some definition. But this contour shade is quite soft and slides quite nicely. Next, I moved on to the highlighter and I started to apply and this product just doesn't show a lot. I had to apply again and again but I gave up because it was just disturbing my makeup, it is not as soft as the contour pencil, so I didn't really like it considering that by the time to finish applying this product you will need to touch up your makeup again. This set costs about 11.00.







This next product is just beautiful. Its the Kiko Ritual kajal & eyeliner. I don't usually use this type of shades but I decided to give it a try and I am in love. I use it as an eyeliner or I use it sometimes on my waterline and smudging a little bit on my lower lashed. it is quite a strong colour but not like eccentric. It is very wearable and just beautiful. It glides on your eyes so smoothly and it is long lasting. I think it costs about 8.00.







Finally I had to try a lipstick, so I went to my obvious favourite shades. I picked up a gorgeous red in shade 06and a dark purple in shade 12.





I don't really like when products just have a number instead of a name!!! Anyway, I love these lipsticks, they go on really well on your lips, I would recommend using a lip pencil, and they don't dry your lips, its quite moisturising and they actually last quite a long time. I usually apply one coat, making sure that my lips are moisturised prior to applying lipstick, and after one coat I blot the lipstick with a tissue and apply again, then I bloat again and apply one last time. I cant really remember how much they cost me but I don't really think it was a lot.



 
Well, and that was all of the products tat I picked up from Kiko, I do have to say I was quite disappointed with some products, but I think this happens quite often when it comes to makeup, so at least I tried some of their products.
 
 
 
let me know which products you have tried from this brand and which ones are your favourite :)
Take care
 
Marlene
xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment