Tuesday 6 October 2015

Tanya burr Galaxy eye palette

Hello ladies :) well Autumn is here again!! time to bring all the scarfs, coats and cosy clothes. I am quite surprised that here in England weather hasn't been too cold, last year by this time I was freezing cold as usual!!!
Anyway, not here to talk about the weather!!
Today I am talking about this palette available in Superdrug. Its called Galaxy Eye Palette and it is from Tanya Burr.
 
 
 
 
 
 
For those of you that never heard of her, she is a beauty blogger, she is known worldwide and quite famous, also because she is married to Jim Chapman, Pixiwoo's brother so you can imagine how she got so famous.  
 
I find myself debating if to buy this palette or not!! I don't have anything against anyone, but I think that usually these products are just a money machine from big companies that take advantage of people that watch her videos!!
 
She released a makeup line last year, and I bought a lip gloss and a nail vanish, but I was quite disappointed with the products, the lip gloss was really sticky and the nail polish started coming off the day after!!!
The other day I was wondering around Superdrug when I saw this palette, and I had to buy it!! as usual!!
Well talking about the palette, I have to say that I don't like the packaging, it just seems it is aimed for children, I was expecting the packaging to be a lot better, it is a Superdrug palette.  
Now, I'm always happy when an eye shadow palette has  a mirror, it is a lot easier as you can just put it in your hand bag or take it on holiday.
 

 
I had to buy because I love these shades!!! just beautiful!!
From left to right you have snowflake, moonlight, stormy sky and starry night.
They all have a shimmer except for the shade Stormy Sky.
With this palette you can create more of a natural look and then you can always had the other shades to create more of a smoky eye.
This one is not the best picture yet, but practice makes perfect!! I never use a natural makeup look except for the days that I work!! I always been a kind of smoky eye and red lipstick!!
 
 
I have been using this palette for a few weeks and it is quite good, to be honest thought it would be a lot worst. The pigmentation is good, it blends quite well and there isn't a lot of fall out from the eye shadows.
 
I think in general it is quite a good palette, it is priced at £6.00 at the moment, but I am sure that I paid a little bit more than £6.00, who knows!!
 
I think that the question now is would you spend this amount on a palette? maybe if you are a student or if you are on a budget, but I don't know if I would actually go for this palette or choose something like Sleek eye shadow palette which only costs £9.99 and you get 12 eye shadows.
 
 
So, have you tried this palette? if so let me know what you think!!
 
 
Take care
 
Marlene
xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
from a Superdrug palette.


7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it and I don't think I will. i have plenty eyeshadow palettes and quads aren't really my thing. I have ordered Tanya Burr contour thingy and I'm awaiting delivery from Superdrug. I want to see how quality compares to other trios I own :) I have to say this doesn't look too bad but I also liked her previous range. I like sticky lip glosses. In fact they are the only ones I can stand (not a hue gloss fan tbh). Thanks for your review x

    www.idorottka.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was going to get the contour but didn't like the look of it!! Its not to bad. I just wanted to try, quite curious me!! I will check your post on the contour palette , thank you flower x

      Delete
  2. The pigmentation looks good! I think I'd like to try it. Great post. :)

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite impressed considering her other products !! Thank you flower xx

      Delete
    2. I was quite impressed considering her other products !! Thank you flower xx

      Delete
  3. This palette is actually much better than I expected but don't think I will get it. I really like the makeup you did with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean, I was surprised when I bought it I had a bad review on my mind!! Thank you xx

      Delete